Friday, 18 July 2008

London-Cambridge

Well, just to finish off the post I should have done few weeks ago.
Yeah....finally I got to go London again!!! This time was different as Aunt Jeanne brought us around and offered us to stay in her house. I went there alone all the way from sunderland to london and met them at blackhorse road. The tube map was still quite confusing to me initially (as previously I just followed friends without even looking at the map), plus I'm really really poor in sense of direction, still struggling to overcome this :P .I hopped on the southbound route instead of northbound one. Haih...I had to change the tube again and finally reached the house. It was approximately 8 mins walk from the nearest tube station....hmm....I dont know bout others...i feel it's quite far...haha...pampered too much while staying in summerhill i guess. We had curry chicken rice in aunt's house...feeling so ''hang fuk'' that time! She then fetch us to first stop-Harrods.

The side of Harrods and also known as ''world's most famous department stores". The front was under construction so didnt take a pic of it. It's owned by Mohamed al-Fayed (Dodi's dad). Basically everything are sold there ranging from cosmetics, health and beauty items, foods, clothing, jewellery, packaged gifts, houseare, furniture etc. Everything was lush but they're expensive.

Memorial of Princess Diana & Dodi in Harrods

On the way to Natural History Museum, I found something looking very sumptuous.


Fell in love with those cakes!

It was too big that I couldnt take the whole pic of it.

I wasnt really interested in those stuff so it was just alright to me

See this weather...It was like this for the period I was staying there! Thought that I could escape from the Sunderland's weather...UK memang UK= Unpredictable. It's summer though.

Eventhough I've been to London a few times, this is the first time I took pic with the phonebooth...haha

The cinema where the celebrities gather to promote their movies

Then we went for dinner in chinatown in which the restaurant called crispy duck owned by Malaysian. Didnt get to take pics as camera needed to be recharged :(
The next day, as parents had been to other places in London they suggested to go Cambridge.

Dad took pic with the platform 9 3/4 in Kingscross Station. I dont watch Harry Potter but according to them this platform related to Harry Potter movie. Perhaps anyone knowing this can tell me.

We then reached Cambridge after 1 hour train ride.

Everyone will be thinking that we would see the university after stepping out of the train station rite? Nope. I always thought that Cambridge is a big University. Well, actually it's a town ( more like an isolated town to me) , a very very small town with all the campuses scattered around. The campuses are not centralised in a particular area but different departments located in different locations. It's not that I'm saying I have the capabilities to study here, but really I feel I will not want to study here if I'm given an opportunity to. That's because there's really really nothing to do other than studying there. Ya a good place for study indeed.

We didnt go on punting due to drizzling rain that time. But whoever goes Cambridge should go for punting for more sceneries.



The cherries were all really sweet in the orchard.

Cuties!!!

"Keep off the grass that's my dinner!"

The clocks are really special!!! Unfortunately they cost around 100 pounds each.

In front of the well known King's College.

With the King's College guard...hehe

Sign like this can be seen everywhere to protect the grass.

Before heading back to London.

No comments: